Thursday, 23 January 2014

SLOG Entry#1

     I haven't done much computer programming before I took CSC108, but I don't regret my decision to take it. It was a fun course that covered an important skill in the modern world, computer programming. And after three weeks of taking CSC148, I'm still confident I made the right choice in learning how to program. I was taught many interesting concepts in computer science so far, but one of the most interesting would have to be Object-oriented programming. Object-oriented programming is a programming paradigm that utilizes objects with associated methods. It's a different style of programming that threw me off my game for a while. It was only after I looked up examples of object-oriented projects that I understood the flexibility and diversity this style of programming offered. It is far more efficient when it comes to larger projects then procedural programming. However, I'm left wondering what other programming paradigms are being used in the industry today?

No comments:

Post a Comment